How to Customize the UI Task timeout error message and to come out of the task

Certified Senior Developer

I want to show customized confirm dialog box (instead of the Appian default "The Task Couldn't be submitted" message) whenever the user input task is timed out (in our case the exception timer we have kept for UI task is 20 mins).

Also at present when the user clicks OK button in the default dialog box, then the page stays there and either the user have to press F5 to restart the process or have to click on any of the SITE tabs to come out of the screen.

Instead, I have a requirement to come out of the current UI and the system should redirect the user to the page where the process was called from eg., if the process was a related action and one of the UI task timed out, on click of OK button the system should redirect the user to the page where the process was triggered i.e., record summary page.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

What's the use case for having a task timeout timer of 20 minutes?  Every time I've seen one set that short (from an End User perspective) i have found it to be, let's say, unnecessarily cruel.  When I use these I almost always allot enough time that the user is almost certain to have abandoned the task completely and won't be put out by it ending automatically - like 24 hours, or at least, "1 am the next night" or something like that.

Certified Lead Developer

What's the use case for having a task timeout timer of 20 minutes?  Every time I've seen one set that short (from an End User perspective) i have found it to be, let's say, unnecessarily cruel.  When I use these I almost always allot enough time that the user is almost certain to have abandoned the task completely and won't be put out by it ending automatically - like 24 hours, or at least, "1 am the next night" or something like that.

Children
No Data