Upgrade Old Process Instances to latest published version

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to upgrade the older existing process instances having errors to latest published version after deployment and need to restart the instances to fix the error and run the flow.

can someone help me with the process to implement this changes. please let me know if any further information is required.

Thanks in Advance 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi  

Please find the below information requested:

Are these waiting for user input? - Deprecated Plugin Send Http Request node is replaced with the latest integration object

How many instances are affected? - More than 500 instances are affected

How many process models are affected? - There is only one process model impacted in this change

What kind or errors have been fixed? - Since plugin is deprecated it is not unable to interact with external system

Are there active instances of various versions? - All the active instances are of same version which has the deprecated plugin that are impacted

Do you have any experience in doing such a task? - I previously didnt worked on process instance Upgrade.

Please let me know if any further information is needed.

Thanks in Advance

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to krishnad5242
    What kind or errors have been fixed? - Since plugin is deprecated it is not unable to interact with external system

I think you meant "... is not able to ..."? Why is that? What is the background of this change.

Did you read the documentation? https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/24.1/Process_Upgrade.html

Is there any logic in that process that modified data before that plugin node? If yes, you might not be able to restart the whole process instance, but would have to modify/upgrade instances and then restart that plugin node.