Running Process model on Dynamic time

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Team, 

I have a requirement where the email needs to be triggered on specific date and time.

For ex. User is raising a request initially. While raising the request he can set the remainder date. This date I am storing in DB. Email needs to be triggered for the remainder dates. What is the best practice to do this?

Thanks!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Timer Event:
    Create a process model with a start event set to a timer event.
    Configure the timer to "Delay until the date and time specified by an expression."
    Use an expression that calculates the reminder date based on the date stored in the database. You can use built-in functions like addDays or addHours to manipulate the date.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Shubham Aware
    Configure the timer to "Delay until the date and time specified by an expression."
    Use an expression that calculates the reminder date based on the date stored in the database.

I'm not sure this will work for a Start Process timer.  As far as I know, the starting time is calculated at publish time (or import time) and not re-calculated dynamically again until re-publishing - the assumption being that the start time will be some static value stored in the "Delay until the date and time specified by this expression:" configuration, then a static interval (if any) for the "recurrence" configuration.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Shubham Aware
    Use an expression that calculates the reminder date based on the date stored in the database.

I'm not sure this will work for a Start Process timer.  As far as I know, the starting time is calculated at publish time (or import time) and not re-calculated dynamically again until re-publishing - the assumption being that the start time will be some static value stored in the "Delay until the date and time specified by this expression:" configuration, then a static interval (if any) for the "recurrence" configuration.

Children