Is there any way to find the parent process Id for the start process

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Team,

In my process one of the process triggered unwanted scenarios and if I want to check parent process for the process. But I am unable to find it due to start process triggered the process. Do you know any other way to find the parent process Id or process name. (only for start process). Subprocess we can do by parentprocessid function.

Thanks,

Pradeep Sridharan

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Pradeep Sridharan
    For that issue tracing purpose I want to check which parent process has triggered.

You haven't shared many details here about what data your parent (calling) process might have in common with the process facing errors, however if there are any pieces of data that can generally pinpoint what parent might have called a certain instance, you should be able to design a custom Process Report and surface that data in one or more displayed columns, then query the parent instances using Query Process Analytics to try and determine matches.

You haven't said what you ultimately plan to do with the parent instances (if anything) or even if they're still active, but this might give you a start.