Start Process Model on first time record summary is open

Certified Associate Developer

I am looking for a way to activate the Process Model as soon as a user opens the record summary for the first time.

Additionally, I want to record the time when the summary was first accessed.

Is there any way to achieve this?

One possible solution that I thought of is displaying a button to start the process model when the summary interface is launched.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hello  

How is this user going to open the summary? May be simply open this summary by a process if that is what you really want and write down the data if that is the first entry for that identifier.

But why?

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Konduru Chaitanya

We want to capture the date and time when the user opened the case form record read-only grid as per business criteria rules will send out notifications and other things.

when the user clicks on the record link (dynamic links /record link on read-only grid ) we cant start the process model as per my analysis 

So is any way to start process models when the user open interfaces at load 

in reply to tejas_n

In that case, you can have your summary interface designed in such a way that it triggers a process model and then displays the summary of the record.

On the first click your interface would check on the entry in the data base for that particular record, if exists it would show summary else it would show the button first on the interface which says "Click to View Summary" which would trigger a process and save a value into the local and display the summary.

an expression rule, contains to check the data and display the summary will fulfill your requirement.

in reply to tejas_n

In that case, you can have your summary interface designed in such a way that it triggers a process model and then displays the summary of the record.

On the first click your interface would check on the entry in the data base for that particular record, if exists it would show summary else it would show the button first on the interface which says "Click to View Summary" which would trigger a process and save a value into the local and display the summary.

an expression rule, contains to check the data and display the summary will fulfill your requirement.

Children