MNI triggering more instances than configured

Certified Associate Developer

Hello Team,

I'm using a MNI startprocess with the Run one instance for each item in pv!array (spawn all)  along Run all instances at the same time(move when  All instances are done), in process parameters I'm sending pv!array[tp!instanceindex] to another process.

In one scenario I have only one element in pv!array, but it triggered 2 instances for the same data. Could anyone explain me why this happening?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

As you can see 2 instances are triggered at the same time

Based on those 2 instances timings, I checked the history in the parent PM, Pv!messageswithmatch is map(multiple type), as you can see it has only one value(a single map). How I confirmed that: if the pv! has a null value, it should have a comma after "}".  so we can confirm there is no null.

Coming to those 2 instances history:

As you can see that both has same values. that means the MNI triggered twice even though it has a single value.

In worst case assume if the PV! has a null value. I'm using tp!instanceindex for indexing variable in the MNI node, then the child process needs to receive an null value right. but here it is not the case.

Children