I am facing one issue with process initiator deactivation.

Certified Senior Developer

Hello everyone,

I have a query. in application the processes are running with someone's account it seem...what happens when her/his account is disabled? will the processes stop working in environment ?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

1. Okay, it means change subprocesses setting to publisher will work if we deploy from low to high environment.  

2. Top-level process setting set as initiator. Right?

Will all above cases work if we deactivated the user who created a processes?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to manjit.1486
    Top-level process setting set as initiator. Right

the top-level process has no choice but to be run under the authority of "initiator", since it'll be run as whoever initiated it.

Will all above cases work if we deactivated the user who created a processes?

If there are already-running processes launched by a user you're deactivating, and they need to continue running without error, then you should avoid deactivating them, because there's no way to change the "initiator" property of a top-level process that was launched by an individual user.  In cases like this I usually don't deactivate the user, but instead, change their username to something indicating they're no longer active, then add them to the "service accounts" system group, then remove their email address.  This way, the active instances can complete naturally without causing issues, and there is no way for that user to login using their account.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Thanks for the information. Mush appreciated. I will keep these instructions in mind.
    Thanks