input and output of a 'user input task'

When the same process variable is updated by both the input and output of a 'user input task' what will be the result? From what I have tested, the input takes precedence. As implemented in the attached photo, the initialization set in the output (setting to NULL) does not execute.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The real answer to this is, of course, that conflicts like this should be avoided as much as possible (and luckily it's possible to avoid it at approaching 100% if design is done carefully), because one can never be sure what the order of precedence will actually be without either testing it or asking around (and i'm not completely convinced it is guaranteed to happen in a particular order either).

Certified Lead Developer

The real answer to this is, of course, that conflicts like this should be avoided as much as possible (and luckily it's possible to avoid it at approaching 100% if design is done carefully), because one can never be sure what the order of precedence will actually be without either testing it or asking around (and i'm not completely convinced it is guaranteed to happen in a particular order either).

Children
No Data