Process variable referring to Old CDT version.

A Score Level 2

Hi Team,

I have recently deployed a new version of CDTs to my staging environments along with multiple other objects, the newly added Object are referring to latest version of the CDT however there are multiple process which are still pointing to CDT which is 4 version older.

What could be the reason behind this issue ?

I tried to find if there are objects depending on older version of the CDT but nothing as such in the warning from CDT.

We are not supposed to manually map the latest version of CDTs in the staging environments and when we are trying to compare and deploy these objects from Dev they are getting ignored as No change is detected in theses objects.

Please Advise.

Thanks,

Gaurav Singh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to Chris

Yes, no errors/skipped objects in the the logs.

• Personally I would force a small change to the process models (update a comment, etc) and push them up with the CDT to force an update, assuming all looks good in the Dev environment.

I'm not sure why yours didn't update, as Appian is supposed to update all objects automatically to use the new CDT version.  This is somewhat newer functionality, in the past only some objects would natively take the latest CDT version (Data Stores), but Appian has been building around this.  I ran some light tests in my environments and I can't replicate this currently (23.3), even with having the process models open with saved drafts on the target server, etc.  I'm guessing something about how the CDT was updated and/or used in the models caused an issue with the automatic update.  Otherwise, might be useful to review additional server logs as well.