Assign task array user

Certified Associate Developer

I have a use case where I need to apply visibility rules to requests generated in an application. In other words, if I create a request, only users from my department should be able to see it. In the client’s system, there are many departments, and creating a group for each of them doesn’t seem like the right solution. Additionally, new departments may emerge in the future. As a solution, I’m considering detecting the department code of the user initiating the process (this value is stored in the custom field ‘customfield1’). Then, when applying visibility rules to requests, I would calculate all users who have the same value in ‘customfield1’ as the user who created the request. My question is: Is there any issue in Appian if I assign tasks to an array of users instead of Appian groups?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    You can assign tasks to an array of users instead of a User Group.
    Using user array -> If a new employee joins any department, how will you add that employee to that department's existing tasks(tasks not accepted by any users) so that the new employee can take action?
    User Group -> If a user is added to the department group, the new employee can take action on existing tasks (i.e. tasks not yet accepted by any users).
    You can assign tasks to an array of users instead of a User Group.
    Using user array -> If a new employee joins any department, how will you add that employee to that department's existing tasks(tasks not accepted by any users) so that the new employee can take action?
    User Group -> If a user is added to the department group, the new employee can take action on existing tasks (i.e. tasks not yet accepted by any users).
Children
No Data