Is there any limitation in number of users for sending mail using send email node

Certified Senior Developer

Hi 

I have came across one scenario where the mail has to be sent to 57 users who were copied in BCC (using for each loop to get users and email of those users) while sending mail the process was errored at send mail node saying failed to send mail and checked in tomcat logs for reason there is no details in logs for error later from 57 i have split to half users and sent mail once and triggered again it worked and same i have done for second half of users it worked at a time for 57 users it didn't worked so could you please confirm is there any limitation of number of users if it was the case how we can handle this situation

Thank you

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I don't know whether I've personally hit this limit, but if there is I assume it's pretty large.  I suppose it's plausible that a total of 57 breaks it, though I'd be a little surprised.  Mind sharing the code you run that gets the users and emails and prepares them for being used in the BCC field? 

Any chance you could insert those users temporarily into a group, and try sending the email to that group?  In this case it could be even a group that you create, use, then destroy (or just keep empty, then add / remove users from it on demand).  At the very least it'd be interesting to confirm whether that successfully handles the volume of users that the other method failed with, or if it fails as well.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi 

i am sending mails as reminder mail to all the active approvers who has the task active so cant be feasible to create group. I have created one process report and in that assigned to column i am getting through the query rule, in query rule i have called process report and passed input as process models to that query rule and i am getting assigned to column data alone which were usernames. So in process model i have called query rule and storing this out put usernames in one variable by removing duplicates usernames.

In BCC defined like below:

= a!forEach(
    items: pv!assignees,
    expression: toemailaddress(user(fv!item, "email")),

),

in reply to Mike Schmitt

Hi 

i am sending mails as reminder mail to all the active approvers who has the task active so cant be feasible to create group. I have created one process report and in that assigned to column i am getting through the query rule, in query rule i have called process report and passed input as process models to that query rule and i am getting assigned to column data alone which were usernames. So in process model i have called query rule and storing this out put usernames in one variable by removing duplicates usernames.

In BCC defined like below:

= a!forEach(
    items: pv!assignees,
    expression: toemailaddress(user(fv!item, "email")),

),

Children
No Data