Process history showing actor name as Administrator

Certified Senior Developer

Hi All,

In some processes, we can see actor name coming as administrator and for some we can see its coming as the person who started the process. This is occuring for subprocesses. Any reason for this difference in behaviour? Where does this originate from??

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

There are a couple of places I've seen "Administrator" come up.

• If the process model is a feature that is installed by Appian Support (e.g. RWM / RPA, Case Management, Process HQ) or it is a process model that was installed by Appian when creating your environments (which happens on beta environments), and that process model is set to "Run as whoever designed this process", then "Administrator" will be the process initiator. This can also happen if Appian Cloud Support republishes existing process models for whatever reason, but there would be a support case tied to it.
    • It's been a while, but I also vaguely remember some nuance about pp!initiator when the process was started by process to process message receipt.
    • if the process were started by email, you should see ANONYMOUS (as of 24.2).
    • The only other place I've seen "Administrator" is when checking the box to automatically create Appian users during SAML authentication. The audit logs will show "Administrator" as the account which created the user.
    Certified Lead Developer

There are a couple of places I've seen "Administrator" come up.

• If the process model is a feature that is installed by Appian Support (e.g. RWM / RPA, Case Management, Process HQ) or it is a process model that was installed by Appian when creating your environments (which happens on beta environments), and that process model is set to "Run as whoever designed this process", then "Administrator" will be the process initiator. This can also happen if Appian Cloud Support republishes existing process models for whatever reason, but there would be a support case tied to it.
    • It's been a while, but I also vaguely remember some nuance about pp!initiator when the process was started by process to process message receipt.
    • if the process were started by email, you should see ANONYMOUS (as of 24.2).
    • The only other place I've seen "Administrator" is when checking the box to automatically create Appian users during SAML authentication. The audit logs will show "Administrator" as the account which created the user.
Children
No Data