Hi, We are on Appian Cloud 7.6. I have following requirement:

Hi,
We are on Appian Cloud 7.6.

I have following requirement:

In our current portal version of task form, we have set up a hidden field, which will send an API call to our database with the task information as soon as user accepts the task. That was possible because task form in portal wasn't refreshing on moving between the components.

Now, we are on process of migrating to Tempo, and we want to create the same scenario in the Tempo. So, whenever user accepts the task, then and only in that case API call should be made. I tried following things:

(1) Having the API call in the load(). But that call will be made as soon as the form will be load, not after user accepts the task.
(2) Had a dummy task before the actual task, both of them are activity chained. So, whenever the actual task loads that API call is made. But, this is actually not preferred by our users and conflicts with our business need.

So, is there a way I can achieve the above mentioned...

OriginalPostID-125111

OriginalPostID-125111

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • My use case is the original which I mentioned at first. I want to fire an API call as soon as user accepts the task. (We already have a function set up, so I just have to call it when user accepts the task.)

I was just trying to follow what you suggested, use of gettaskacceptedtimestamp(). Now, I thought I would be able to achieve that using Rule node. And to recreate the scenario in test model, I used two minutes delay. As there is no way to know when user will accept any particular task. I was under impression that the rule will flow as soon as the expression evaluates true (Any time). But, it seems I was wrong.

So, what shall I do now, in order to achieve my use case. Can you give me any pointers? Or how I should use the gettaskacceptedtimestamp()?

Thanks again!
  • My use case is the original which I mentioned at first. I want to fire an API call as soon as user accepts the task. (We already have a function set up, so I just have to call it when user accepts the task.)

I was just trying to follow what you suggested, use of gettaskacceptedtimestamp(). Now, I thought I would be able to achieve that using Rule node. And to recreate the scenario in test model, I used two minutes delay. As there is no way to know when user will accept any particular task. I was under impression that the rule will flow as soon as the expression evaluates true (Any time). But, it seems I was wrong.

So, what shall I do now, in order to achieve my use case. Can you give me any pointers? Or how I should use the gettaskacceptedtimestamp()?

Thanks again!
Children
No Data