Need help configuring the Delete Document Smart Service or defining an expressio

Certified Senior Developer
Need help configuring the Delete Document Smart Service or defining an expression function to delete all documents from a folder using the 'getDocumentsFromFolder' function. Intent is to delete files from a folder in the Temporary Documents KC prior to uploading new versions of the same file. I do not want to maintain previous versions. No user input as this is a system process....

OriginalPostID-127429

OriginalPostID-127429

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • Mike, Would using a loop be more efficient than the MNI option you suggested since it won't spawn multiple processes? 

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to karthip0001

Hi,

If it can be done using MNI, i believe that is the preferred "official" approach within Appian - personally, the only times I design in-process loops are for things where it's impossible or too complicated to do in an MNI node.  And I only use MNI for things that are too complicated to use an a!forEach loop for.  I'm not really sure what you're trying to do, so it's hard to give exact advice.

As a side note: this is a very old thread and (for reference) i wasn't sent any internal notification that you'd replied to me - you might find better answers by starting a new thread here (as long as you've searched old posts for either a solution or a more recent thread on the topic first, i believe you're fine to create a new post).