Anyone have a working example of the paging grid in a test application for versi

Certified Associate Developer
Anyone have a working example of the paging grid in a test application for version 6.6.1?...

OriginalPostID-52588

OriginalPostID-52588

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• I have one. You can take a look at it following these steps:

1. Download the application forum.appian.com/.../68237
    2. Import it in your environment. You will get 1 error indicating the Tte data source [java:/appianMySQL] cannot be reached. This is expected as most likely your data sources in custom.properties have a different name
    3. Navigate to the Data Stores tab under System - Data Management
    4. Open the "Autocomplete Example" data store and map it to a valid data source using the dropdown on the top
    5. Publish the data store
    6. Start a new instance of the process model called "Paging Grid Example" under "Process Models" - "Forum"
    7. Select "Yes" in the start form so new records are added to the database
    ---> Select "Yes" only the first time you run the example. No need to repopulate the database every time
    8. The next form will show you a list of fruits. Select your favorite ones.
    9. The second form shows you another paging grid with your selection
  • After testing the model, when you review its implementation you will realize that I used two different approaches:

1. The first form invokes the query rule directly in the paging grid
    ----> This gives you an advantage: The most recent data is always displayed in the paging grid as the query rule is invoked EVERY time the task is viewed
    ---->Caviat: Performance wise, this is not good especially if your data is relatively static (meaning doesn't change every few minutes)

2. The second task used a node input or acp to store the result of the query rule
    ----> Performance wise this is better as you hit the query rule/database only once (unless you enable the "Refresh default values every time this form is viewed" option)
    ---->Caviat: If the data you want to display changes really frequently and you consider it can chance before the user completes the task, he/she won't get any new values that were added after this task was instantiated
  • When i am trying to run this example after datasource config, my task page asks me login credentials. Please see the following link
    postimg.org/.../
  • You need to make sure the property:

conf.suite.SERVER_AND_PORT

in custom.properties matches the URL you use to access Appian. In your screenshot I can see you are using localhost while conf.suite.SERVER_AND_PORT is set to something else (e.g. hmecd000240....)