We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Hi Team - I have a scenario where I have a rule on a task in a sub process. Rule

Hi Team - I have a scenario where I have a rule on a task in a sub process. Rule contains some field labels and values.My requirement is to show a different label in new process instances and the same one in older instances.
Issue is we have created a process model version variable recently for parent process (which is passed to sub-processes to handle such situations )which does not exist in older instances. Is there is any other way to handle this scenario....

OriginalPostID-132404

OriginalPostID-132404

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• The new variable will exist in sub processes (started after your last publish) for older and newer parent processes, but for older parents (that are not sending the input) it will just be null or whatever you set the default to in the sub. In the sub, you can check if(pv!newVarInput = default value, "this uses an older parent", "this uses the new parent") - and use that logic to decide what is displayed on your form.