Is there away to control how a date value is displayed in a paging grid? The val

Is there away to control how a date value is displayed in a paging grid? The value is being retireved in a "Date and Time" format using the Query Database node. From the the value is displayed in "Date" format column in the Paging Grid and is displaying a time with the GMT offset.

If possible I would like to display just the date. Otherwise display the Date and Time with the correct timezone which is EST.This is version 7.2

The process is used over multiple timezones and the we do not have the option to set individual timezones

Thanks for any help.

Attached image shows current display....

Date Screenshot.docx

OriginalPostID-135043

OriginalPostID-135043

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• try using the fn!datetext() function... for example:
    datetext(pv!myData, "MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss z")
    MM: Month
    dd: day
    yyyy: Year (2 or 4 digits are valid)
    hh:Time in 12 hours format (use HH for 24 hour format)
    mm: minutes
    ss: seconds
    z: timezone in standard format as defined by the system
  • Forgot to add, if used in a grid, you will need to use the apply function in the gridTextColumn, for example:
    a!gridTextColumn(
    data: apply(
    fn!datetext(_, "MM/dd/yyyy hh:ss"),
    index(local!gridData.data,"myDate",null),
    )
  • I have also found that the text() function is a more robust substitute for the datetext() function in terms of its ability to gracefully accept null parameters.
  • Hi josephs,

This is pretty much possible even in 7.2

we can go with either of the below functions:
    1) =text(todate(ri!dateTime),"dd/mmm/yyyy")
    2) =index(split(ri!dateTime," "),1)

since its version 7.2, we need to create a dummy cdt same as the cdt which we want to show in paging grid with the dateTime fields as text. Now we need to desine the variable with the dummy CDT type in our process model.Then we need to save each column in this dummy cdt in a script task by apply any of the above functions to the "dateTime columns".This is because we need to show dateTime as Date in required Format in paging Grid.Now we can simply use the Dummy CDT to display the data in our paging grid.

hope this helps......Also find the screen shot of which i have created the scenario and displayed in a form