Hi , I have one parent process and sub-process scenario. Document Rev

Hi ,

I have one parent process and sub-process scenario. Document Review is my child process in which I need to pass several input parameters which will be used in Sub-process but somehow in the Sub-process configuration I am not able to see any way to add input parameters. Please check attached image for reference and let me know if I am missing anything. I have tried to check the documentation on Sub-process activity but was not able to identify the problem.

OriginalPostID-135564

OriginalPostID-135564

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In the documentation linked here, the section "Setup Tab: Input Variables Group Box" mentions that "each parameter variable configured in the subprocess appears as a row on the Input Variables list":
    forum.appian.com/.../Mapping_Subprocess_Data.html

As for making that subprocess an action, you might run into issues with null data if the subprocess parameters are not initialized, depending on how you have the process set up. You might need to incorporate some logic to determine if the process was launched as a subprocess or as a standalone action.

If it was launched as a standalone action, then you can incorporate some null checks or do some parameter initialization to avoid null errors.
  • In the documentation linked here, the section "Setup Tab: Input Variables Group Box" mentions that "each parameter variable configured in the subprocess appears as a row on the Input Variables list":
    forum.appian.com/.../Mapping_Subprocess_Data.html

As for making that subprocess an action, you might run into issues with null data if the subprocess parameters are not initialized, depending on how you have the process set up. You might need to incorporate some logic to determine if the process was launched as a subprocess or as a standalone action.

If it was launched as a standalone action, then you can incorporate some null checks or do some parameter initialization to avoid null errors.
Children
No Data