Is it possible to call a process model start point from outside of Appian? I wo

Is it possible to call a process model start point from outside of Appian? I would like to be able to create a task for a specified group without anybody starting it from within Appian....

OriginalPostID-137122

OriginalPostID-137122

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We have a few processes that are started by webservice calls and another one that receives a JMS message using the 'receive message' event trigger. Both generally seem to work well. The JMS works flawlessly I think, but the webservice call might be an issue if the calling process is expecting a result/response quickly. One of our developers is attempting to create a tempo user task/form and pass back the task id to the calling webservice (so that a URL link directly to the form can be presented). She is having some issues with timing, i.e. it needs to be quick or the calling webservice may time out.
  • We have a few processes that are started by webservice calls and another one that receives a JMS message using the 'receive message' event trigger. Both generally seem to work well. The JMS works flawlessly I think, but the webservice call might be an issue if the calling process is expecting a result/response quickly. One of our developers is attempting to create a tempo user task/form and pass back the task id to the calling webservice (so that a URL link directly to the form can be presented). She is having some issues with timing, i.e. it needs to be quick or the calling webservice may time out.
Children
No Data