I have a process with one node to post an event to news feed. process initiator

I have a process with one node to post an event to news feed. process initiator has very limited access to the process including news feed. So, I did not give permissions to the news feed to the group who will be initiating the process. The node to post an event to news feed is failing because of security. So, I have configured that node to execute as process designer instead of process initiator. So far so good. When this application is migrated to production environment, an Appian admin account is used to import the package. I have recommended to create a system user account some thing like "Deployment Engineer" and use this account to import the package. Since this will increase the number of users for license purpose, the organization went ahead with using the real person account as administrator to import the application. The production environment is synced with LDAP for authentication. So, when this individual ...

OriginalPostID-140673

OriginalPostID-140673

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • ...leaves the organization, the LDAP sync will make the user inactive. What will happen to the process model at that time. Will the process model still works as usual even though the process designer is inactive now ? I am thinking that the process will stop at the node because the designer is inactive user now. How to fix the problem if this happens (in other words, how to change the process model designer to a new administrator ?). A simple republish of the model is good enough ? Or create a new package with just the process models and re-import from UAT environment by the new administrator ?
  • ...leaves the organization, the LDAP sync will make the user inactive. What will happen to the process model at that time. Will the process model still works as usual even though the process designer is inactive now ? I am thinking that the process will stop at the node because the designer is inactive user now. How to fix the problem if this happens (in other words, how to change the process model designer to a new administrator ?). A simple republish of the model is good enough ? Or create a new package with just the process models and re-import from UAT environment by the new administrator ?
Children
No Data