I have a requirement to escalate a task and then fire a recurring escalation eve

I have a requirement to escalate a task and then fire a recurring escalation every 2 hours until the task is completed. They would like all escalations (including recurring) to only be sent during business hours.
Has anyone found a way to send recurring escalations only during business hours?
The escalation time is not captured in the system so I can't increment the escalation time and use the Appian cal functions.
I would like to use OoB escalations.

OriginalPostID-146620

OriginalPostID-146620

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Can you clarify on precisely what form your escalation will be? Send Message / Alert / email / etc?

The first thing that occurs to me, though this somewhat depends on your particular implementation, is that you could use the Timer Conditions in the escalation timer (e.g. screencast.com/.../g4MDUAHh20Jj ) to prevent the timer from firing when the current time (now()) is outside of business hours. There would need to be an external expression rule (in my example, "isInBusinessHours(time)", which would return a boolean based on your particular requirements.

(Note that I'm not 100% sure without checking first, that the "now()" function will re-evaluate properly each time the timer is due to fire, but I think it will.)
    Certified Lead Developer
    Can you clarify on precisely what form your escalation will be? Send Message / Alert / email / etc?

The first thing that occurs to me, though this somewhat depends on your particular implementation, is that you could use the Timer Conditions in the escalation timer (e.g. screencast.com/.../g4MDUAHh20Jj ) to prevent the timer from firing when the current time (now()) is outside of business hours. There would need to be an external expression rule (in my example, "isInBusinessHours(time)", which would return a boolean based on your particular requirements.

(Note that I'm not 100% sure without checking first, that the "now()" function will re-evaluate properly each time the timer is due to fire, but I think it will.)
Children
No Data