How do I optionally save a custom data output to an array? A script task custom

How do I optionally save a custom data output to an array? A script task custom Data Output requires a target output, so if I try and use an if conditional like this: if(pv!newStaff.hireDate > today(),pv!newStaff.firstName,{}), I end up with a array index of blanks, when I really want no array index added. I want to be able to only add to array index if condition is met but as target output is required, it's saving a blank rather than do nothing as desired.

How can this be done?

Thanks

OriginalPostID-147849

OriginalPostID-147849

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Instead of using 'appended to' in the output condition, use append() in the expression and choose 'save as' for the condition. ex:

if(pv!newStaff.hireDate > today(),append(pv!YourArrayHere,pv!newStaff.firstName),pv!YourArrayHere) -> Save As -> pv!YourArrayHere.

Which will essentially either append a value to pv!YourArrayHere, or save the array back to itself (i.e. doing nothing).
  • Instead of using 'appended to' in the output condition, use append() in the expression and choose 'save as' for the condition. ex:

if(pv!newStaff.hireDate > today(),append(pv!YourArrayHere,pv!newStaff.firstName),pv!YourArrayHere) -> Save As -> pv!YourArrayHere.

Which will essentially either append a value to pv!YourArrayHere, or save the array back to itself (i.e. doing nothing).
Children
No Data