Hi, Is there a way to link to an Action outside the Appian Actions ta

Hi,

Is there a way to link to an Action outside the Appian Actions tab?
In other words, by clicking into an Appian Action, we get a URL to an Action. Is it possible to get a URL for an action that works across different environments (dev, test, prod)?
The idea is to have the user run a report on an entity. If no results are returned, the user wants to click a link and be directed to a process that creates a new entity.

Thanks

p.s. - I'm almost sure that the Start Process Writer won't work because we need to link from the report to the process.

OriginalPostID-148921

OriginalPostID-148921

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Actions have persistent URLs in recent version of Appian, but the URLs values vary depending on the environment. In other words, you can link to an Action but there isn't currently any way that I know of to make an Action link "deployment proof."

You could use a constant that takes a different value per environment to build this link and just set the value as a post deployment configuration. Some downsides to this approach include:
    1) It's not compatible with the mobile apps - clicking the link on a mobile app will open up the device's web browser.
    2) It increases deployment complexity - any time the constant is imported, it needs to have it's value reset.
  • Actions have persistent URLs in recent version of Appian, but the URLs values vary depending on the environment. In other words, you can link to an Action but there isn't currently any way that I know of to make an Action link "deployment proof."

You could use a constant that takes a different value per environment to build this link and just set the value as a post deployment configuration. Some downsides to this approach include:
    1) It's not compatible with the mobile apps - clicking the link on a mobile app will open up the device's web browser.
    2) It increases deployment complexity - any time the constant is imported, it needs to have it's value reset.
Children
No Data