I recently came across an unexpected behavior with task escalations. When attem

I recently came across an unexpected behavior with task escalations. When attempting to send tp!id or tp!starttime via an alert or message event from a task escalation, the values sent are not that of the task associated with the escalation. Instead, it appears that the escalation has a tp!id and tp!starttime associated with itself, and not the task I'm attempting to escalate.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior and come up with a solution? I would like to send the tp!id and tp!starttime directly from the escalation to an alert and/or message event.

As a side note, the tp!display and tp!name does send the task values. I have not testing any other tp! values.

OriginalPostID-149062

OriginalPostID-149062

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @bradc Hi, few months back even we came across the same situation and we used the following procedure in order to overcome this:

>> Send process id (in which task resides), task name (tp!display or tp!name) as message properties to the target process which has to be invoked upon escalation.

>> In the target process, query the process analytics with filters namely process id, task name (which are received from the process that contains task) and obtain the task id.

Once if you have task id, again you can query the process analytics and obtain the information associated with task.

I don't know how far the above solution is scalable in terms of best practices but let's see if any other practitioners comes with best approach.
  • @bradc Hi, few months back even we came across the same situation and we used the following procedure in order to overcome this:

>> Send process id (in which task resides), task name (tp!display or tp!name) as message properties to the target process which has to be invoked upon escalation.

>> In the target process, query the process analytics with filters namely process id, task name (which are received from the process that contains task) and obtain the task id.

Once if you have task id, again you can query the process analytics and obtain the information associated with task.

I don't know how far the above solution is scalable in terms of best practices but let's see if any other practitioners comes with best approach.
Children
No Data