I have a task in which a customer enters a date on a form. The restriction on th

I have a task in which a customer enters a date on a form. The restriction on the date must be no less than 16 business days from today. The only way I know of validating this date if by going to a gateway and doing a comparison: pv!dateHWonsite>=todate(caladddays(now(),16)). If this is true, I allow the process to move on. If it is false, I sent it back to the customer task and tell them to select the correct date. The only problem is that I need to chain the customer task to the gateway and then back to the customer task so the customer always sees "Next" instead of "Submit".

I know this happens because of the chaining however, if I remove the chaining, the customer would receive it as a new task rather than it just going back without them noticing. Is there any kind of workaround for this? Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

I have come across this issue more than once. Is there any javascript that can check for this on the form?

ProcessScreenshot.docx

OriginalPostID-149864

OriginalPostID-149864

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • What version of Appian are you using? If your interfaces are built in SAIL, you can perform that check on the form without requiring form submission.

While it is possible to put JavaScript on older "Portal" forms, the recommended approach is to use process based validation (what you've already implemented) since custom JavaScript is not supported in the modern Appian end user interface. Process based validation makes your upgrade path much simpler.
  • What version of Appian are you using? If your interfaces are built in SAIL, you can perform that check on the form without requiring form submission.

While it is possible to put JavaScript on older "Portal" forms, the recommended approach is to use process based validation (what you've already implemented) since custom JavaScript is not supported in the modern Appian end user interface. Process based validation makes your upgrade path much simpler.
Children
No Data