When Users do a copy & paste from Word, Outlook, or WordPad into a paragraph

When Users do a copy & paste from Word, Outlook, or WordPad into a paragraph field that is setup to accept Rich Text the HTML code of what was copied & pasted is displayed in forms and on the process dashboard. See attachment for details. Can you tell me why this is happening. This issues is causing our users to think that their forms are corrupted.

OriginalPostID-157971

OriginalPostID-157971

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The problem is that when you copy formatted text from some Office product this product tries to be clever, detects that the paste target is a browser and creates HTML on the fly. This is saved in your text field but cannot be displayed correctly. I found no solution for that. You could train your users to not copy formatted text into Appian forms or use some tool that removes formatting while copy&paste.
  • The problem is that when you copy formatted text from some Office product this product tries to be clever, detects that the paste target is a browser and creates HTML on the fly. This is saved in your text field but cannot be displayed correctly. I found no solution for that. You could train your users to not copy formatted text into Appian forms or use some tool that removes formatting while copy&paste.
Children
No Data