Can Appian Process Models be exported to Visio or other tools? I would like to r

Can Appian Process Models be exported to Visio or other tools? I would like to recommend Appian as our organization standard for business process modeling for the purposes of requirement diagrams. In other words, if the process is being automated or not, Appian could be our standard for creating business process diagrams. However, this is only an option if the BPMN 2.0 Process Models that are created in the Appian Process Modeler can be exported as BPMN 2.0 XML. Tools like Visio and Blue Works Live allow import and export of BPMN 2.0. If Appian does not allow this than it is a non-starter as our organization standard.

Thanks in advance for the information.

OriginalPostID-161484

OriginalPostID-161484

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This is unfortunate and in my opinion a mistake of Appian. The BPMN 2.0 process models created in IBM Blueworks Live or Visio can also be created in Appian Processes Modeler and Appian could be the one tool for both diagrams and automated process models if you could export them as BPMN 2.0 XML. This is one of the great benefits of BPMN 2.0 that tool choice is an option and diagrams should be interchangeable. Not having to pay for other tools to do process modeling could be part of the ROI of the expensive cost of Appian, but this opportunity is lost. As you and Appian recommend we will continue to pay for and use other tools instead of Appian for process modeling and it's one step closer to using another tool for process automation.
  • This is unfortunate and in my opinion a mistake of Appian. The BPMN 2.0 process models created in IBM Blueworks Live or Visio can also be created in Appian Processes Modeler and Appian could be the one tool for both diagrams and automated process models if you could export them as BPMN 2.0 XML. This is one of the great benefits of BPMN 2.0 that tool choice is an option and diagrams should be interchangeable. Not having to pay for other tools to do process modeling could be part of the ROI of the expensive cost of Appian, but this opportunity is lost. As you and Appian recommend we will continue to pay for and use other tools instead of Appian for process modeling and it's one step closer to using another tool for process automation.
Children
No Data