Can Appian Process Models be exported to Visio or other tools? I would like to r

Can Appian Process Models be exported to Visio or other tools? I would like to recommend Appian as our organization standard for business process modeling for the purposes of requirement diagrams. In other words, if the process is being automated or not, Appian could be our standard for creating business process diagrams. However, this is only an option if the BPMN 2.0 Process Models that are created in the Appian Process Modeler can be exported as BPMN 2.0 XML. Tools like Visio and Blue Works Live allow import and export of BPMN 2.0. If Appian does not allow this than it is a non-starter as our organization standard.

Thanks in advance for the information.

OriginalPostID-161484

OriginalPostID-161484

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You are missing the point. As they state using Appian Process Modeler is an alternative to their Visio recommendation. Appian does a lot of things really well, but playing nice with the other BPMN 2.0 compliant process modeling vendors is not one of them. The functionality necessary to be my current (and previous) organization standard for business process modeling are the 2 I have already stated: that they not be stuck in the tool in case it is not used forever; and that it allows BPMN 2.0 XML compliant diagram imports so the BAs can use their BPMN process modeling tool of choice with importing to the organization standard repository. A great value of BPMN 2.0 is ability to use a tool of choice for business process modeling with the ability to import/export when needed as organizational tools change. Visio, Blue Works Live, and other BPMN process modeling tools provide this, and until Appian does as well it can not be used as the organization standard for business process modeling.
  • You are missing the point. As they state using Appian Process Modeler is an alternative to their Visio recommendation. Appian does a lot of things really well, but playing nice with the other BPMN 2.0 compliant process modeling vendors is not one of them. The functionality necessary to be my current (and previous) organization standard for business process modeling are the 2 I have already stated: that they not be stuck in the tool in case it is not used forever; and that it allows BPMN 2.0 XML compliant diagram imports so the BAs can use their BPMN process modeling tool of choice with importing to the organization standard repository. A great value of BPMN 2.0 is ability to use a tool of choice for business process modeling with the ability to import/export when needed as organizational tools change. Visio, Blue Works Live, and other BPMN process modeling tools provide this, and until Appian does as well it can not be used as the organization standard for business process modeling.
Children
No Data