#SendEmailSmartService Hi everyone, i'm using the "Send Email Smart Ser

#SendEmailSmartService Hi everyone, i'm using the "Send Email Smart Service". Is it possible to catch the exception when SMTP server is down? I already tried to create a timer exception however the send e-mail task remains in error. Any ideas about how i can verify if SMTP server is down before sending an email?

OriginalPostID-163299

OriginalPostID-163299

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Generally speaking good practice is to wrap integration nodes in their own process (with just the node in). All Processes that call the integration point (in this case email) can then call the sub process from within their process, this allows you to put a timer on the integration process to close the process and follow an exception flow in the calling process. If you have this timer on the email node it's self then as you have identified if the node fails the event will not fire.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Generally speaking good practice is to wrap integration nodes in their own process (with just the node in). All Processes that call the integration point (in this case email) can then call the sub process from within their process, this allows you to put a timer on the integration process to close the process and follow an exception flow in the calling process. If you have this timer on the email node it's self then as you have identified if the node fails the event will not fire.
Children
No Data