Hi All, Currently I am facing one issue with process initiator deactivation

Hi All,
Currently I am facing one issue with process initiator deactivation.
The issue is, once the process initiator of the process is deactivated then all the query rules which are available in the input section of the quick tasks,user input tasks and gateway condition sections are getting crashed and giving Work Item cancelled exception which is related to deactivated user(privilege issue).
As per my knowledge rules(say query rules) that are available in the form input section,rules available in the gateway conditions are evaluated under the context of process initiator.
But in my case this process initiator has been deactivated in the middle of the process and getting privilege issues while evaluating these query rules.

I know that once this process initiator is reactivated and adding him to his groups again will resolve the problem, but I don't want to reactive him again.

Do we have any other solutions to solve this issue for the existing pro...

OriginalPostID-163907

OriginalPostID-163907

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Anjanna,

From the documentation:

forum.appian.com/.../User_Management.html

"When a user is deactivated, any running processes that were started by that user will pause by exception. This will not happen immediately, but is guaranteed to happen no later than the next time the application server is restarted. Additionally, process models that are configured to run as their designer will fail to run if the designer user becomes deactivated. For these reasons, Appian recommends that applications be imported using a service account of type System Administrator that will not be deactivated."

The recommended way is to reactivate the user and complete the process and then proceed to deactivate the user (while changing any privileges as required).
  • Hi Anjanna,

From the documentation:

forum.appian.com/.../User_Management.html

"When a user is deactivated, any running processes that were started by that user will pause by exception. This will not happen immediately, but is guaranteed to happen no later than the next time the application server is restarted. Additionally, process models that are configured to run as their designer will fail to run if the designer user becomes deactivated. For these reasons, Appian recommends that applications be imported using a service account of type System Administrator that will not be deactivated."

The recommended way is to reactivate the user and complete the process and then proceed to deactivate the user (while changing any privileges as required).
Children
No Data