Hi All, Currently I am facing one issue with process initiator deactivation

Hi All,
Currently I am facing one issue with process initiator deactivation.
The issue is, once the process initiator of the process is deactivated then all the query rules which are available in the input section of the quick tasks,user input tasks and gateway condition sections are getting crashed and giving Work Item cancelled exception which is related to deactivated user(privilege issue).
As per my knowledge rules(say query rules) that are available in the form input section,rules available in the gateway conditions are evaluated under the context of process initiator.
But in my case this process initiator has been deactivated in the middle of the process and getting privilege issues while evaluating these query rules.

I know that once this process initiator is reactivated and adding him to his groups again will resolve the problem, but I don't want to reactive him again.

Do we have any other solutions to solve this issue for the existing pro...

OriginalPostID-163907

OriginalPostID-163907

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thank you for you valuable suggestions Sumeet and csteward,

@Sumeet: Yes, that is a good idea to take script task and move all the query rules to this script task by running it as a designer.
    But in my case, I am facing issues with quick task input section query rules and this quick task is being used in the custom process dashboard to show latest application details(in form).
    So whenever the dashboard is opened then this quick task will be run by calling input section rules and will give the latest data.
    So the above idea may not work for my case to give the latest application data if you we move the quick task input section query rules to script task.

@csteward: Thank you for sharing your valuable information on this issue. Yes, we are planning to run this process model by designer for the future instances as all of our production process models will be published by a single admin user and I hope the issue with initiator deactivation will be solved for the existing processes in the future releases.

Thank you very much both of you.
  • Thank you for you valuable suggestions Sumeet and csteward,

@Sumeet: Yes, that is a good idea to take script task and move all the query rules to this script task by running it as a designer.
    But in my case, I am facing issues with quick task input section query rules and this quick task is being used in the custom process dashboard to show latest application details(in form).
    So whenever the dashboard is opened then this quick task will be run by calling input section rules and will give the latest data.
    So the above idea may not work for my case to give the latest application data if you we move the quick task input section query rules to script task.

@csteward: Thank you for sharing your valuable information on this issue. Yes, we are planning to run this process model by designer for the future instances as all of our production process models will be published by a single admin user and I hope the issue with initiator deactivation will be solved for the existing processes in the future releases.

Thank you very much both of you.
Children
No Data