Appian 7.6 Is there a way to get list of active processes for a

Appian 7.6

Is there a way to get list of active processes for a selected users? I am using Execute Process Report smart service to get all active processes. In the node, there is an Additional Filter section: column: started by and value: pv!userMember. Output: saving it in pv!processName - type text and multiple. Next node is User Input Task that creates multiple tasks (depends on number of users, if there are 3 users then it will create 3 tasks, etc).

Requirements: Display all active processes for a given user in the tempo task. For some reason Execute Process Report node is not returning anything. (I picked the users with active processes for testing). Is there another way to report all active processes?

Thanks,

OriginalPostID-164352

OriginalPostID-164352

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @batirbekm Hi, You may not need to find out an alternative just because that Execute process report smart service isn't returning you proper results. Especially in your use-case, whether its a Execute process report smart service or getportalreportdatasubset works the same way and both of them gives you results. But getportalreportdatasubset occupies upper hand over Execute process report smart service smart service in terms of usability, formatting and data refreshment when used in SAIL interface. Further I also opine that though you switch to getportalreportdatasubset, if there is a problem with the filter, the problem remains the same.

I would like to suggest to debug the issue by checking if the value obtained from the report is equal to the process variable filter in terms of data type, single or multiple etc. Next to this, check if the node is being run under administrator privileges in case if the initiator didn't have an access to the instances that are present in report. Further I would also like to suggest to check if the default filters applied on report aren't giving you the expected results when applied in combination with the filter applied from smart service.
  • @batirbekm Hi, You may not need to find out an alternative just because that Execute process report smart service isn't returning you proper results. Especially in your use-case, whether its a Execute process report smart service or getportalreportdatasubset works the same way and both of them gives you results. But getportalreportdatasubset occupies upper hand over Execute process report smart service smart service in terms of usability, formatting and data refreshment when used in SAIL interface. Further I also opine that though you switch to getportalreportdatasubset, if there is a problem with the filter, the problem remains the same.

I would like to suggest to debug the issue by checking if the value obtained from the report is equal to the process variable filter in terms of data type, single or multiple etc. Next to this, check if the node is being run under administrator privileges in case if the initiator didn't have an access to the instances that are present in report. Further I would also like to suggest to check if the default filters applied on report aren't giving you the expected results when applied in combination with the filter applied from smart service.
Children
No Data