Hi, I have a requirement where a User Input Task (UIT) has a timer exceptio

Hi,
I have a requirement where a User Input Task (UIT) has a timer exception. UIT is triggered by timer event i.e dateTime Array. For each value in DateTime array it will trigger a task. All tasks have same deadline after which they move forward (through mentioned timer exception).
Say for example 3 UIT's are triggered one after another and they waited till common deadline and then they took the exception path and reached next node which is a sub process now it is running 3 instances at a time.
but my use case requires this sub process to run these multiple instances one after another. But they are running concurrently which is not a desired behavior that i am looking for. Is there any option / workaround available while configuring nodes to make them wait till the active node completes and then start a new instance?.

OriginalPostID-165682

OriginalPostID-165682

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

• Thanks for sharing your views, but my use case is little different.All tasks have same dead line means they are configured to a particular date and Time value like evening 5 PM. In the POC provided say if all the three event triggered at same time, I mean configure the timer events to now() and keep the same exception. So all the 3 instances will be active at same time and will wait for 1 minute i.e. at same time they will take the exception path.Now i need to make the sub process run one after another for arrived flows. I attached my sample use case picture and little explanation about my use case in the attachment.
    I don't have multiple flows to use AND gate, in my use case AND gate will work as normal script task. so i cannot go for it.

• Thanks for sharing your views, but my use case is little different.All tasks have same dead line means they are configured to a particular date and Time value like evening 5 PM. In the POC provided say if all the three event triggered at same time, I mean configure the timer events to now() and keep the same exception. So all the 3 instances will be active at same time and will wait for 1 minute i.e. at same time they will take the exception path.Now i need to make the sub process run one after another for arrived flows. I attached my sample use case picture and little explanation about my use case in the attachment.
    I don't have multiple flows to use AND gate, in my use case AND gate will work as normal script task. so i cannot go for it.

Children
No Data