I need to have a functionality that would normally cause a process instance to l

I need to have a functionality that would normally cause a process instance to live for up to a year, because I have to wait a set time that is determined by my user. I don't want the process to stay active though, how can I solve this problem?

OriginalPostID-170635

OriginalPostID-170635

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If I understand right, the requirement is to wait upto an year based on what user selected to do something and you do not want the process lingering for up to an year.

Put the timer in a subprocess. Start the subprocess async this way the main process may end but the subprocess lives and continues processing. But, yes, some process needs to be waiting regardless.
  • If I understand right, the requirement is to wait upto an year based on what user selected to do something and you do not want the process lingering for up to an year.

Put the timer in a subprocess. Start the subprocess async this way the main process may end but the subprocess lives and continues processing. But, yes, some process needs to be waiting regardless.
Children
No Data