#ProcessModeling #Security I have a process model that calls a subprocess (

#ProcessModeling #Security
I have a process model that calls a subprocess (synchonously) to monitor the SLA for the task. The subprocess starts a timer that waits for the SLA to elapse.
In the mean time, the parent process is completed by the user and terminates.

When I run this using my account (System Administrator user type) the subprocess is cancelled when the parent terminates.
When I run this as an end user (granted Viewer permissions through group membership) the subprocess continues running and is not cancelled.

How can I configure the model so it cancels the subprocess when the parent terminates?
(I would prefer not to pass a boolean to the subprocess and check it when the timer expires.)

OriginalPostID-178681

OriginalPostID-178681

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks. We now believe this is related to chaining. If the path taken in the parent process was fully chained, the subprocesses don't realize the parent terminated and subprocesses stay alive. If any of the flows taken were not chained, the subprocesses get cancelled. We are opening a support request and in the meantime I have implemented csteward's solution.
  • Thanks. We now believe this is related to chaining. If the path taken in the parent process was fully chained, the subprocesses don't realize the parent terminated and subprocesses stay alive. If any of the flows taken were not chained, the subprocesses get cancelled. We are opening a support request and in the meantime I have implemented csteward's solution.
Children
No Data