There are several drop-downs in my current application. We need an Admin sc

There are several drop-downs in my current application.
We need an Admin screen to add/modify/delete the values in all these drop-downs.

Allowing an admin to add new values to a drop-down is not a problem.

I’m wondering if the admin wants to modify/delete values within existing drop-downs.

1.          What would happen if an Admin tries to delete a value within a drop-down and the current instances in PROD are using that value.
2.          What would happen if an Admin tries to modify a value within a drop-down and the current instances in PROD are using that value.

I wanted to understand if the old instances work?

How can this be handled.

I need inputs around this.

OriginalPostID-183051

OriginalPostID-183051

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I recommend adding a status flag in your lookuptables. That way you can inactivate (but not delete) options. Then change your queryrules where selections are made to filter out inactive choices.

That will ensure you don't break processes, but stop certain values from being selected going forward. Just like any relationship model, you don't want to delete as it may break referential integrity.

Hope that helps!
    Certified Lead Developer
    I recommend adding a status flag in your lookuptables. That way you can inactivate (but not delete) options. Then change your queryrules where selections are made to filter out inactive choices.

That will ensure you don't break processes, but stop certain values from being selected going forward. Just like any relationship model, you don't want to delete as it may break referential integrity.

Hope that helps!
Children
No Data