Dear all, I am trying to update some columns in a DB using a Query Da

Dear all,

I am trying to update some columns in a DB using a Query Database Smart Service Task and I need to use the IN wildcard for the WHERE clause. Typically in my mind it should look like this UPDATE mytable SET row = 0 WHERE id IN (ac!oneVariable). The ac!oneVariable is a number(integer) MULTIPLE came from a process variable updated in a User Task. By implementing the above mentioned approach I get some weird alerts which I think are generated from hibernate : There was a problem executing the SQL query. SQL Message : [Ljava.lang.Long; cannot be cast to java.lang.Long Problem: An error occurred in executing an Activity Class.

I also tried to "inject" the contents of the pv!oneVariable in a text activity class having value: joinarray(pv!oneVariable, '","') but without any success.

Could you please help me with the best practices with this regard?

Thanks in advance,
Octavian

OriginalPostID-183225

OriginalPostID-183225

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @octavianp Just in case, if you haven't made a search already in the forum, the post at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/entry/e-180895 looks similar to what you are looking for.

Re best practices, if you are asking with respect to the implementation of the native sql query, I am not much aware of it. If you are asking with respect to implementation of the smart services (query db or write to data store), then as said by other user, choosing Write to Data Store Entity would be good. But at the same time, as per my knowledge, there isn't any wrong in choosing 'Query DB' if the database vendor is not going to change frequently and the native SQL queries are straight and simple.
  • @octavianp Just in case, if you haven't made a search already in the forum, the post at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/entry/e-180895 looks similar to what you are looking for.

Re best practices, if you are asking with respect to the implementation of the native sql query, I am not much aware of it. If you are asking with respect to implementation of the smart services (query db or write to data store), then as said by other user, choosing Write to Data Store Entity would be good. But at the same time, as per my knowledge, there isn't any wrong in choosing 'Query DB' if the database vendor is not going to change frequently and the native SQL queries are straight and simple.
Children
No Data