Import Users from CSV

Dear all,
Anyone can help me to found a solution to add a list of users into a list of Group using the following csv format:

Group 1; user_1, user_2, user_3
Group 2; user_4, user_5, user_6

Thanks
G.

OriginalPostID-192618

OriginalPostID-192618

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @biscontig Just in case, if the plugin suggested above doesn't fit your requirements aptly(I think so), this explanation helps you. To the best of my knowledge, we could actually start doing it by parsing the csv file. Once when the parsing is complete(there are few smart services which can help you parse the csv file), you need to convert the text values into the corresponding Appian objects. For example, the group name which is in text format should be converted to Appian Group object, for instance, getgroupbyname() will aid you in doing so. Also having a CDT which will help you maintain a group and multiple user objects will help you in maintaining the parsed data and further the same PV will help you in MNI as well. Once when you are done with parsing and conversion, you could straight away start adding the users into groups by doing an MNI based on each record.

Not sure if the above explanation helps you, but please do let us know in case of any follow up questions.
  • @biscontig Just in case, if the plugin suggested above doesn't fit your requirements aptly(I think so), this explanation helps you. To the best of my knowledge, we could actually start doing it by parsing the csv file. Once when the parsing is complete(there are few smart services which can help you parse the csv file), you need to convert the text values into the corresponding Appian objects. For example, the group name which is in text format should be converted to Appian Group object, for instance, getgroupbyname() will aid you in doing so. Also having a CDT which will help you maintain a group and multiple user objects will help you in maintaining the parsed data and further the same PV will help you in MNI as well. Once when you are done with parsing and conversion, you could straight away start adding the users into groups by doing an MNI based on each record.

Not sure if the above explanation helps you, but please do let us know in case of any follow up questions.
Children
No Data