Hello, I need to include a timer in a process where, once the process

Hello,

I need to include a timer in a process where, once the process is initiated, the user task will be available two business days later.

I have found the Timer process node, but how can configure it to work based on Business Days (excluding weekends and holidays)?

OriginalPostID-193809

OriginalPostID-193809

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I would create an expression rule (I named mine twoBusinessDays) defined as follows:

if( isnull(ri!date), {}, if(calisworkday(ri!date+2), ri!date+2, twoBusinessDays(ri!date+1)))

where ri!date is a rule input of type Date and Time.

What this does is it first checks to make sure there's a value for ri!date. If there is, it will check to see if two days in the future of ri!date is a workday. If it is, return THAT date. Otherwise, increment by one and iterate the date in the function again and repeat until a valid business day is found. You should be able to pass in pp!starttime in the Scheduling tab of the User Input Task.

Keep in mind that the calisworkday function has an optional parameter (which I have not included) to pass a calendar; in the event that your business days don't line up perfectly with the default calendar, you can create a custom system calendar for use with the workday functions. More information can be found here: forum.appian.com/.../System_Calendar_Settings.html
  • I would create an expression rule (I named mine twoBusinessDays) defined as follows:

if( isnull(ri!date), {}, if(calisworkday(ri!date+2), ri!date+2, twoBusinessDays(ri!date+1)))

where ri!date is a rule input of type Date and Time.

What this does is it first checks to make sure there's a value for ri!date. If there is, it will check to see if two days in the future of ri!date is a workday. If it is, return THAT date. Otherwise, increment by one and iterate the date in the function again and repeat until a valid business day is found. You should be able to pass in pp!starttime in the Scheduling tab of the User Input Task.

Keep in mind that the calisworkday function has an optional parameter (which I have not included) to pass a calendar; in the event that your business days don't line up perfectly with the default calendar, you can create a custom system calendar for use with the workday functions. More information can be found here: forum.appian.com/.../System_Calendar_Settings.html
Children
No Data