I'm having an issue with a user input node 'Spawn New' setting - won

I'm having an issue with a user input node 'Spawn New' setting - wondering if anyone has run into the same (Appian 7.10). My use case is that there is a list of employees who all have to complete the same task, assignment is set to a multiple user type variable defined dynamically at the beginning of the process. A requirement is that new users can be added to this list while the task is open, thus I have the MNI setting to 'Run one instance for each item in [user list], 'Spawn New', and one-to-one assignment per assignees set in the advanced properties. However, when new users are added to the list and a path is run to the task, the correct amount of new tasks are generated but assignment is incorrect, seeming to loop in the order of initial assignees per count of new assignees. For example:

Initial: A
Add: B,C
Result: A,A,A

Initial: A,B
Add: C,D
Result: A,B,A,B

In all cases the assignment variable is correct after updates. I know this is p...

Spawn New Issue.zip

OriginalPostID-193826

OriginalPostID-193826

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• ...ossible to accomplish by moving to a sub process with the same MNI settings, as the model used to be configured as so for Portal. However, when moving to Tempo I am hesitant to use that approach since CDT data will have to be shared between assignees while being updated, which would require passing by reference to the sub process, which goes against best practice. Additionally, when configuring the sub process in this fashion we sent the assignee as [tp!instanceindex], but otherwise user input task assignment cannot be accomplished using tp!instanceindex - an error is returned as this variable is not available.

Running the attached model in monitor mode (re-start first user input task to add assignees) will show the results above. Any input would be appreciated!
  • As an update, this has been identified as a product defect, AN-66744.