Is there a way to get the list of users and groups and their assigned roles for

Is there a way to get the list of users and groups and their assigned roles for a process model based on process model id? Any smart service or functions?

OriginalPostID-193844

OriginalPostID-193844

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Mitesh,
    Create a process report from the Appian designer, select report type as "Task", select context type as" Tasks by process model". Configure the report with the main process model and select "Yes" for including the data from sub-processes (if any). Also in the report configure a column of the report as "Assigned to" with formatting as "User or Group Name". Then using the Query process analytics method as mentioned in the link below, you can get the data subset that will contain all the required data which can be manipulated based on the requirement.
    forum.appian.com/.../System_Functions.html

Hope it helps.
  • Also the definition of the column "Assigned to " should be "tp!assignees", this will provide the assigned users or group for the particular tasks as provided in the process model.
  • @miteshp As per your question, I assume that you are talking about the roles associated with the Process Model object such as Initiator, Viewer etc and you want to read the User or Group objects associated with those roles based on the id of Process Model. If it is so, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't any function or smart service to do the same. But you can build a plugin by making use of the 'getSecurityForProcessModel' function in the 'ProcessDesignService' Interface at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/16.1/api/index.html?com/appiancorp/suiteapi/process/ProcessDesignService.html which will help you read the User or Group objects associated with role map of the Process Model.
  • @sonalk: Thanks for responding. That was a nice approach. But I think you are pointing towards the task assignments and I was actually referring towards the process model security.

@sikhivahans: I was looking for some existing functions /shared components, if any. But definitely we can consider building a custom plugin if required. This will help. Thanks!
  • @miteshp Unfortunately there aren't any as per my knowledge but the new implementation should be straight forward and quick as it requires a single API function to retrieve the data.