1. Is there a way to model a process, such that process instances will not keep

1. Is there a way to model a process, such that process instances will not keep eating up the hardware (RAM) without them getting archived?
2. Do completed process instances keep occupying the memory?...

OriginalPostID-26116

OriginalPostID-26116

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I am very concerned with this statement "With the process instances the answer I believe is yes. We had a situation where a large number of processes were brought back from the archives and massively expanded our KDB's. They are now far larger than they were previously and despite re-archiving the processes there is no changes to our KDB's. "

We need to unarchive processes or two model's. I am now concerned that if by doing this, it increases our KDBs so large that we can no longer import/inspect deploy packages. We already have a problem with this happening. Can someone from Appian explain exactly what is happening during the unarchive? Why does it leave "white space" in the file? Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem? Also, when I tested the unarchive script, I found that when I filter on the process start date, the command script fails. Why would that be happening? The script matches exactly the syntax of the instructions off your documentation.
  • I am very concerned with this statement "With the process instances the answer I believe is yes. We had a situation where a large number of processes were brought back from the archives and massively expanded our KDB's. They are now far larger than they were previously and despite re-archiving the processes there is no changes to our KDB's. "

We need to unarchive processes or two model's. I am now concerned that if by doing this, it increases our KDBs so large that we can no longer import/inspect deploy packages. We already have a problem with this happening. Can someone from Appian explain exactly what is happening during the unarchive? Why does it leave "white space" in the file? Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem? Also, when I tested the unarchive script, I found that when I filter on the process start date, the command script fails. Why would that be happening? The script matches exactly the syntax of the instructions off your documentation.
Children
No Data