I am trying to set a timer for an exception flow in a user input task. I am usin

Certified Associate Developer
I am trying to set a timer for an exception flow in a user input task. I am using this expression:
tostring(totime(local(now(),timezoneid()))) = pv!scheduleTime. I have played with different values for pv!scheduleTime e.g. "9:15 PM" etc. I have verified this resolve to true in the expression editor but apparently it is not evaluating to same here.
Any pointers?

OriginalPostID-194674

OriginalPostID-194674

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello, I had a similar issue few days ago. Here is the answer from the Appian Support :

"today() or now() is not a valid trigger in a rule event -- rule events are only triggered off of changes to PVs and constants. It will thus only be triggering based on other elements in the expression for the event. You should be using a daily timer event for a daily check; a timer event on a daily check is very quick and efficient.

You can configure your task with a timer and trigger the exception using:
    "Skip this node at the date and time specified by this expression: =pv!targetdate"
    Your initial approach is not valid in Appian."

Best regards
  • Hello, I had a similar issue few days ago. Here is the answer from the Appian Support :

"today() or now() is not a valid trigger in a rule event -- rule events are only triggered off of changes to PVs and constants. It will thus only be triggering based on other elements in the expression for the event. You should be using a daily timer event for a daily check; a timer event on a daily check is very quick and efficient.

You can configure your task with a timer and trigger the exception using:
    "Skip this node at the date and time specified by this expression: =pv!targetdate"
    Your initial approach is not valid in Appian."

Best regards
Children
No Data