I am working on a search screen. This search screen has more than 10 fields the

I am working on a search screen. This search screen has more than 10 fields the user can search by. After making a search, I want to populate the data on a grid. The search results consist of a very complex sql query with many joins. I am wanting to pass all my search criteria to a store procedure, execute the query and return the results to populate the grid. Is this possible? If yes, in what format do I need to return the results and how?

OriginalPostID-198295

OriginalPostID-198295

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @erickp If your intention is to make a query on the SAIL interface itself with the search parameters being involved, make use of fn!executestoredprocedure() in the same link mentioned by other practitioners above.

Whether it might be a smart service or function, as you are saying that the stored procedure contains complex sql and many joins, it might be worth having a plan of limiting the results as per the grid's pagingInfo. (For instance, we would be limiting the number of results by making use of the paginInfo in queryrecord() or queryEntity() while querying a table or view)
  • @erickp If your intention is to make a query on the SAIL interface itself with the search parameters being involved, make use of fn!executestoredprocedure() in the same link mentioned by other practitioners above.

Whether it might be a smart service or function, as you are saying that the stored procedure contains complex sql and many joins, it might be worth having a plan of limiting the results as per the grid's pagingInfo. (For instance, we would be limiting the number of results by making use of the paginInfo in queryrecord() or queryEntity() while querying a table or view)
Children
No Data