I am working on a search screen. This search screen has more than 10 fields the

I am working on a search screen. This search screen has more than 10 fields the user can search by. After making a search, I want to populate the data on a grid. The search results consist of a very complex sql query with many joins. I am wanting to pass all my search criteria to a store procedure, execute the query and return the results to populate the grid. Is this possible? If yes, in what format do I need to return the results and how?

OriginalPostID-198295

OriginalPostID-198295

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Erick, You can use stored procedure for your use case, but it will increase complexity of your use case. In this case, you should use a!queryentity() provided by Appian.
    In case your data is coming from tables after some aggregation or other manipulations I suggested that you should create a view with that manipulation as it is easy to made calculation on DB and It will be less complex than a stored procedure.
  • Hi Erick, You can use stored procedure for your use case, but it will increase complexity of your use case. In this case, you should use a!queryentity() provided by Appian.
    In case your data is coming from tables after some aggregation or other manipulations I suggested that you should create a view with that manipulation as it is easy to made calculation on DB and It will be less complex than a stored procedure.
Children
No Data