I have an AND gateway that is only executing one path. If I go into monitor the

I have an AND gateway that is only executing one path. If I go into monitor the process, I can manually start the node the AND gateway is not flowing into, and it works and runs fine.

Originally I had an OR gateway, that was also executing only one path, even when the conditions were set as true and true so I took the longer route of flowing an XOR into an AND, but this does not work either even when the AND gets executed.

I'm on 7.11

OriginalPostID-202765

OriginalPostID-202765

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Joshua,

What it looks from the screenshot is that the lower path (that is executed) is executing faster than the upper path or vice versa. So, when either of the two paths reaches first to the terminate node, it is killing all the active nodes(since it is terminate node and not the end node) i.e the active 'AND gate'. In other words, the whole process is getting terminated , even before the second path from the AND gate begins to execute. Therefore killing the active AND gate node.

To check this, you can make the terminate node an end node and see what happens. I think both the paths from the AND gate will execute.

Further, to resolve this, you can place a COMPLEX gate before your sub-process node and route both the paths from the AND gate to this COMPLEX node, and configure the COMPLEX node in such a way that it should move ahead only when both the incoming flows have reached.
  • Hi Joshua,

What it looks from the screenshot is that the lower path (that is executed) is executing faster than the upper path or vice versa. So, when either of the two paths reaches first to the terminate node, it is killing all the active nodes(since it is terminate node and not the end node) i.e the active 'AND gate'. In other words, the whole process is getting terminated , even before the second path from the AND gate begins to execute. Therefore killing the active AND gate node.

To check this, you can make the terminate node an end node and see what happens. I think both the paths from the AND gate will execute.

Further, to resolve this, you can place a COMPLEX gate before your sub-process node and route both the paths from the AND gate to this COMPLEX node, and configure the COMPLEX node in such a way that it should move ahead only when both the incoming flows have reached.
Children
No Data