Hi all, Is there a way to export a folder hierarchy in a zip file fro

Hi all,

Is there a way to export a folder hierarchy in a zip file from appian?
I'm aware of the plug-in Add Documents To Zip, but this will allow me to export a zip containing many files found at the root level only.
My goal is to export a zip with 3 folders inside and each folder has a couple of files inside it.

Regards,
Mihai

OriginalPostID-213888

OriginalPostID-213888

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello mihaioctaviant, as per my knowledge, the plugin which has been mentioned above(DocumentZipper) won't be able to support your requirement , as it does not preserve the hierarchy of the folders which have been zipped, and only extracts the files out of the folders and zips them together. So the heirarchy requirement of yours fails here.

There are also two more cases which I have observed: One of them is , in case , there is no community that sits above the Knowledge Center for the folder you are trying to put as the root folder , the plugin fails throwing a nullPointerException. Other is, if there is more than one file with the same name, the name of the file will be changed. For example, if there are two files with name test.doc, when they are zipped one of them will be changed as [1]test.doc. Hope this helps..!
  • Hello mihaioctaviant, as per my knowledge, the plugin which has been mentioned above(DocumentZipper) won't be able to support your requirement , as it does not preserve the hierarchy of the folders which have been zipped, and only extracts the files out of the folders and zips them together. So the heirarchy requirement of yours fails here.

There are also two more cases which I have observed: One of them is , in case , there is no community that sits above the Knowledge Center for the folder you are trying to put as the root folder , the plugin fails throwing a nullPointerException. Other is, if there is more than one file with the same name, the name of the file will be changed. For example, if there are two files with name test.doc, when they are zipped one of them will be changed as [1]test.doc. Hope this helps..!
Children
No Data