We are trying to build short-lived processes, and looking at building one proces

We are trying to build short-lived processes, and looking at building one process per task, where the process ends when the task is complete and starts a new process for the next action. What is the most efficient method for Appian to start a process from the end of the previous process? We have looked at starting an asynchronous (sub)process as the last step in the current process, using JMS Messaging, or Web APIs, which of these is the most efficient for starting the next Appian process, or is there another way that is recommended over these options?

OriginalPostID-217133

OriginalPostID-217133

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I just discussed this with my new colleagues in our Appian training. Having a model for each task does not feel like a good practice. We try to find natural "cuts" or logical units in the functional process to create models. This can be time like the process has to wait for something. This can be organizational, meaning the process flow leaves or enters another department or company.

On the technical implementation, we normally use a scheduled sub-process node to delay the start of the next process.
  • I just discussed this with my new colleagues in our Appian training. Having a model for each task does not feel like a good practice. We try to find natural "cuts" or logical units in the functional process to create models. This can be time like the process has to wait for something. This can be organizational, meaning the process flow leaves or enters another department or company.

On the technical implementation, we normally use a scheduled sub-process node to delay the start of the next process.
Children
No Data