Here is a use case There is a workflow which goes this way, the recor

Here is a use case

There is a workflow which goes this way, the record flows between different user groups Group A -> Group B -> Group C -> Group D
There is a user which can belong to Group A, B and D. Once the user in group A has initiated the task, he shouldn't be able to accept the task belongs to Group B and Group D. I can take care of this at interface level, if the user in Group A has accepted the task of Group C or Group D. But is there a way, we can avoid the user to accept/hide the task which belongs to Group B and D. If the user is the orignial initiator.

I hope I have expained the use case well :-)

OriginalPostID-221199

OriginalPostID-221199

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Does this user who initiated the workflow need to be able to still see the tasks under his "Task" tab?

I'm curious because if you just assign it to all members of Group C or Group D and exclude that one user then they will not get the task assigned which means they can't pick up the task. If your record UI shows the progress of the record through the workflow they should still be able to follow what is happening to the data/workflow.

To exclude a user from the picked assignees for a task you could use a rule like:
    difference(
    getdistinctusers(ri!tempGroup),
    loggedinuser()
    )

Replace 'loggedinuser()' with your initiator (or rule input) and ri!tempGroup with another group.

Hopefully this is in line with what you mean.
  • Does this user who initiated the workflow need to be able to still see the tasks under his "Task" tab?

I'm curious because if you just assign it to all members of Group C or Group D and exclude that one user then they will not get the task assigned which means they can't pick up the task. If your record UI shows the progress of the record through the workflow they should still be able to follow what is happening to the data/workflow.

To exclude a user from the picked assignees for a task you could use a rule like:
    difference(
    getdistinctusers(ri!tempGroup),
    loggedinuser()
    )

Replace 'loggedinuser()' with your initiator (or rule input) and ri!tempGroup with another group.

Hopefully this is in line with what you mean.
Children
No Data