Question on impact of modifying CDT on a process model that uses them

As per our Appian documentation,
If we do modification to a CDT,(without closing the referencing process models),the changes made to the CDT won't be reflected automatically in the referenced process models.But in my case,I have updated a CDT where my process model is in editing mode.However after saving the changes in the CDT when I closed and opened my process model again, I noticed that the CDT has been updated automatically.I'm working in 16.2 version. Is there any enhancement on CDT updates?

OriginalPostID-226578

OriginalPostID-226578

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Unless I'm missing something, this sounds like expected behavior. CDT changes won't be "reflected automatically" in process models - but when you close and re-open a process model (i assume you didn't re-save the process model right before closing since you didn't mention it), the process model would show you the updated version after re-opening.

Further, I think you don't even need to close the process model. After the new CDT version is published and you have run Impact Analysis, you should be able to check the Process Model Versions from within the version you have open, and there should be a new version visible that you can load directly.

Again let me know if i'm misunderstanding something here or missed some detail.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Unless I'm missing something, this sounds like expected behavior. CDT changes won't be "reflected automatically" in process models - but when you close and re-open a process model (i assume you didn't re-save the process model right before closing since you didn't mention it), the process model would show you the updated version after re-opening.

Further, I think you don't even need to close the process model. After the new CDT version is published and you have run Impact Analysis, you should be able to check the Process Model Versions from within the version you have open, and there should be a new version visible that you can load directly.

Again let me know if i'm misunderstanding something here or missed some detail.
Children
No Data